06 July 2023

The perfect parent - Illusory Advice

Apprentice: I am becoming more and more excited by impending parenthood – a whole new adventure. I am aware however, that it is severely challenging to my ‘I just want to be a yogi in a cave’ head-trip and also makes my ‘walking around the world’ dreams look even more distant.

Teachers: You may not have to let go of all of your dreams, but you will need to consider whether being a parent can accommodate them without harm. The path of the Mahasiddhas is to live life exactly as it is and to enable that to be the path of realisation. Being a parent offers many opportunities for practice. You could become the ‘perfect parent’ and discover realisation through that as a method.

page 121, Illusory Advice, Ngakma Nor’dzin & Ngakpa ’ö-Dzin, Aro Books Worldwide, 2016, ISBN: 978-1-898185-37-6



No comments:

Post a Comment