17 October 2020

The Arts as practice


In Aro gTér Buddhism there is a strong focus on engaging with the Arts as practice. I find it hard to put into words the change of view I have experienced from going to a local art group for an hour and a half a week.  

The grave yard at the Church of Saint Winwaloe, Cornwall,
by Siân Bussingham

Producing just one piece of artwork a week has made me change my relationship with what I see around me. Now when I go out for a walk I feel as though I am wandering through works of art. 

Skies and landscapes now suggest to me acrylics, watercolour, pastels, or ink. Somehow the vibrancy of my surroundings seem to communicate to me much more.

This is one of the transformative joys of being a practitioner within in the Aro gTér Lineage.

No comments:

Post a Comment