16 November 2023

Protecting personal identity - Battlecry of Freedom



The whole range of negative emotional responses can be recognised as arising from supporting and protecting personal identity: greediness and territorialism – this is mine, not yours, I want it; fear and aggression – you look as though you might hurt me, I will attack first to protect myself; isolation – this is my pain, and therefore much more important than your pain; jealousy and paranoia – you seem to be doing better than me, I must trample on you to get ahead; ignorance – I am in pain, so it is unreasonable to expect me to have any interest in you. Recognising this is to begin to awaken.

p.112, Part II - the slogans, Battlecry of Freedom by Ngakma Nor’dzin, Aro Books worldwide, 2019, ISBN 978-1-898185-46-8




No comments:

Post a Comment