29 October 2015

Shi-nè meditation practice at Aro Ling Cardiff Buddhist Centre

The primary meditation practices at Aro Ling Cardiff Buddhist Centre are the Four Naljors of Dzogchen Sem-dé. The first of these Four Naljors is called shi-nè. This is a practice of letting go. We let go of our involvement with the content of mind. We do not force anything, we just let go. This is where we start, and we commit to this practice until we have gained experience of emptiness, né-pa. Shi-nè is simple and direct. It is not a glamorous practice, but it is most effective in revealing the nature of our confusion and learning to let it go, so that we can rest naturally in the present moment.

The Aro gTér Lineage offers the facility of signing up to receive a regular quotation via Aro Quotation. Here is an example of a recent post:
 
 ‘Shi-nè equates to the path of renunciation, because one renounces attachment to that which arises in mind. It also equates in Sutra with the path of compassion, because one is also compassionate with regard to that which arises in mind. It is not that I sit there and kill all that arises. If it arises, I allow it to arise. And if it remains, I allow it to remain. If it dissolves, I allow it to dissolve. So I have in this practice endless accommodation for that which arises; I do not stop it from arising; I do not protract it either; I do not become attached to it; I do not contain it; I do not control it. I allow it to perform.’ Compassion, Ngak’chang Rinpoche, Aro Encyclopaedia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment